GAMLN preserves your Lotus Notes mail throughout your migration, with support for
attachments and links to Notes documents, views, and databases
The following Notes mail features are converted to corresponding Gmail features
• Notes mail addresses are converted to Gmail addresses.
• Notes mail folders are mapp
ed to labels in Gmail.
• The yellow Gmail star is applied to
mail that has a Notes follow-up flag.
Additionally, the following GAMLN features help you fine-tune and monitor your mail migration:
• A folder-inclusion or folder
-exclusion list lets you manage which mail is migrated for each
• During migration, messages, contacts, and
calendar entries are marked with update
• GAMLN logs the number of messages transferred
and the total size of the mail transfer for
• Unread marks are not migrated to Google Apps. All mail is migrated as read.
• Label creation can fail for a folder if the user has changed the folder type to
Private on First Use
. This folder type may cause an internal “Notes 4005” error when
accessed by the migration agents.