Set up your Android for Google Apps
This article applies only for Google Apps customers. Learn more about Google Apps.
To use the native Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. Instructions below are for users with a Nexus or Google Play edition device running Android 4.2 or higher. If you're using a different device, your setup instructions may vary. You only have to do this once:
- Touch the Settings > Add account > Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Select Existing and enter your full Google Apps email address as your username and your password.
- Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to your domain. This process may take a few minutes.
- You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to join Google+, opt in to Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or touch Not now.
- After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device.
That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use.
And going forward, you can change which services can sync with Google Apps on your device at any time by going toSettings > Google > touch your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make sure that that service has been enabled for your domain.