2-step verification needs to activate from Admin console first :
Enable 2-Step Verification for your domain
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Security > Basic settings.
Where is it?
- Under 2-Step Verification, check Allow users to turn on 2-factor authentication.
This makes 2-Step Verification available for your users, but does not automatically enroll them. To enroll, users need to configure their verification settings individually.
Turning on 2-Step Verification (For User)
- Sign in to your Google Account settings page by clicking on your name or picture in the upper right corner of the screen and then clicking Account.
- Scroll down to the "Signing in" box.
- Click 2-Step Verification. This will bring you to the 2-Step Verification settings page.
- You will then see a step-by-step guide which will help you through the setup process.
- Once you’re done, you’ll be taken to the 2-Step Verification settings page again. Be sure to review your settings and add backup phone numbers.
- You’re done! Next time you sign in, you’ll receive an SMS with a verification code
Note: You also have the option of using a Security Key for 2-Step Verification.
Turning off 2-Step Verification (For User)
- Log in to particular account Visit the Using 2-Step Verification page under your Google Account settings. Sign in with your username, password, and verification code if prompted.
- Click Turn off 2-Step Verification.
- A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Click OK.